Oct 27, 2008

If it's not one thing, it's your Vet

So, today Hank went to Day Camp like usual on Monday's. About 9 AM, I realized I had a missed call on my iPhone, and saw it was from Day camp. This isn't going to be good...but maybe he just barfed or something...

So, I listen to the message, and Rob the PetsHotel manager had called. Evidently between the time I dropped off Hank at 7:40 this morning, and 9 AM when day camp started, he had gotten a cut on his toe and it was bleeding. So, before they could take him to day camp, they had to take him over to the vet clinic to check it out. When I called back, they hadn't been able to get him into the vet yet, so he was still in his kennel, but the bleeding stopped and he seemed just fine. Rob called me a little after 10. They went over to the vet, and checked out his toe. The Vet ended up shaving the hair off around his toe so she could look at it. It was really just a nick, like he hit something when he was in his kennel this morning, and it was fine. We have to keep an eye on it, but he's OK.

When I picked him up tonight, Rob and I talked, and he said he did great at day camp, and that unless it gets pussy or bleeds much, we're OK, and he's just fine.

I also asked Rob if he takes any other dog over to the Vet (across the store) more than Hank. He laughed politely and then I know he lied to me when he said yes.

No comments: