Jan 17, 2009

Yeah, only cost $150!

I took Hank up to Marymoor today like most Saturday's (unless there's too much snow, etc.) The water has receded, but it's still moving REALLY fast though, so I was careful with tossing his ball into the water. As Hank was swimming, he did the usual barking, and running up near someone and then shaking. You know, those polite things we've taught him to do...
But, as I was playing with Hank, some guy who was playing with his dog asked about Hank. Where did we get him, etc. I told him he was a Humane Society find (which ALWAYS surprises people) and that we know he was found on the side of the road in Ellensburg, not neutered or microchiped. This guy was a BIG fan of Hank. Almost as much as my grandpa.

Side Note...
Dad called Grandpa on his way to Portland the other night (Dad's in DC with Jake for the inauguration, because he's the biggest whore for Obama EVER...) and Grandpa asked if dad was bringing Hank with. Dad explained that Hank is MY dog, not his. Grandpa was kind of sad, so I guess a trip to Portland for Hank and Grandpa to hang out is in order soon...

So this guy asks some questions about Hank and he was nice enough, although I think he also was kind of hitting on me, so Hank and I moved on to the next pool. The water was really cold too, and I was ready for Hank to be done swimming. But then later we ran into the guy and his dog again, and at this point Hank had broken one tennis ball (I blame the weather) and lost the other one, so we were shopping for a ball and heading towards the car.

I can only handle so many socially awkward men in my life, and unless I;m getting paid (for work, thank you) I have nominal patience for it...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm gonna pretend I'm not one of those "socially awkward men in your life."

The Guymon Family said...

Hey niece! Sorry about the pervs hitting on you! I thought you got used to that at the Hillman reunion!
Boyd and I bought a new car! Sooo, we are certainly planning a trip to visit. Most likely for just a day or so, we dont want to have you get sick of us! So talk with your Dad and figure out where you want us to meet, and we will be there. We would like to meet Jake if possible and Boyd would like to see you all drunk! (He is obviously doing really well
now) We will stay in a motel somewhere nearby wherever you are. And, I still am siezure free since they put me on the liquid meds. Unless you dont want us to come, you better speak up cause we are planning to take our new car on a road trip!
The other Aunt Connie