Jan 2, 2009

STAY!!!

So, this year it was Christmas down in Oregon with my family. Now that my folks are divorced that means trekking all over the state of Oregon, sitting in traffic that takes 6 hours to get 45 miles. It was CRAZY, but a good trip. We took Hank with us for Christmas at my dad's house, and then left Hank with dad and Rudy while we went to Bend to see my mom. We then came BACK to Eugene to pick up Hank and see my little brother coach a basketball game. Hank had a great time with Rudy and my dad, and got LOTS of presents, which he loved. He got use to the hardwood floors, and Rudy always wanting to play with him. And, he learned a few things...

We got back to Eugene on Monday afternoon from my mom's house. My dad lives in a loft in Eugene and has a patio on the roof that is over the garage. Since it was nice in Eugene, dad decided to leave the patio open for the dogs. So, as we pulled out of the garage, I noticed that Hank was standing in a flower pot looking out at us, which he hadn't done before. He was just enough leaning over that I got nervous, and asked dad to loop back to make sure Hank didn't try something stupid....


Well he did. We come back around, and Hank is STANDING ON THE ROOF! Here's a picture...He had crawled over the ledge and was walking around on the roof. I FREAKED out. Dad went running inside and up the stairs to see what he could do, and I stood in the parking lot hollering at him to STAY. It sure seemed like maybe he got in too far and wasn't sure what to do. So, when dad got upstairs, he called for Hank, and he jumped right back over the ledge and into the house. My heart has never raced so fast...so we closed the patio door at that point and called it good...ACK!

No comments: