Feb 26, 2008

I'm glad Hank's a boy...


Anyone who knows me (including all the managers at my current job) knows that I treat EVERYONE in my life like I treat my younger brothers. I adore them, think the world of them, and it's clear more and more with each passing day that God gave me brothers, not sisters, for a reason. Hank is a great BOY dog. He chases after balls ALL the time. He could NOT care less about dogs who want to play with him at the dog park, he has a one track mind for balls. He's the best.


So, I wasn't sure how to get this story into my dog blog but here we go...Today, I was driving from Seattle up to a presentation in Woodinville. I was coming through the arboretum (lots of birds, lots of trees by UW) and thought I saw a blue heron (pretty common in the area) it was BIG. Then I looked again and it was a BALD EAGLE. I love when this happens, how cool is it that bald eagles are in my back yard? AWESOME! It looked like maybe there was something in it's mouth, but I was going 60 mph and focusing on one of the worst highways in America. And then...all of a sudden, the bird got it's period on my car. That's right, you heard me. Now, there's been an odd amount of "a bird crapped on me" stories at my office lately. But I swear this takes the cake! Over, Lori having a bird poop ON her on Valentine's Day! I'm driving along, enjoying the majesty of living in Western Washington, and the damn bird gets it's period on my windshield...how gross is that? So gross, I called Cindi in my office to tell her, and then called my youngest brother Jeremy. I figured he was probably at home playing xbox or watching Entourage, but I was really hoping that I would wake him to the sound of "an American Bald Eagle just got it's period on my car!". But, he was walking out of class, so had to have his reaction in the hallway. The conversation turned to "do eagle's have periods?" I'm sure COCC has an avian menstruation cycle course...Jeremy promised to look into it.


Anyway, I'm glad my dog is a BOY and that he had his nuts chopped off before we brought him home. He's the best dog EVER. I took him to Marymoor today for about 45 minutes, and he's passed out next to me on the couch.


Hank is in for the treat of lifetime this weekend. We're going to take him to Moclips down on the beach for the weekend. It's all-Hank running, all the time! He is going to have a BLAST! Can't wait! Until then, just enjoy this Superbad inspired post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad everyone knows how her brother's feel. There is no force in the universe that drags you into more non-sense, than my sister, queen of the (sober) ridiculous phone call! Sometimes, I think God did punish me by giving me a sister. I think I'm the only one watching Entourage and being interrupted by my sister. But then I remember God gave me a brother who is also a stone-cold pimp, and then my sister doesn't seem that tough to deal with after all!