Jul 10, 2008

The girliest dog I knew

I talked to Jeremiah this afternoon when I was out doing stuff (like NOT having an annual exam, even though I had the paper blanket over my lap ready to go...). Jeremiah said that Tom, the Partner he works with a lot and who is moving to Detroit for work, had to leave early today.
Evidently Tom's wife called looking for him today. They have two dogs. Now, let's back track. They have two small animals who they dress up, and treat like children, it's ridiculous. ANYWAY, Lucy and Bernie are the kids. Today, as the kids were playing away, Lucy choked on a bone (we're guessing raw-hide) and passed away. Yeah, that's what I thought. How weird! Lucy is three (Hank's just over 2) and is a great little puppy (although pretty dang girly). It's so sad to hear that Bernie's sister is gone and that something so simple could take her life. Yuck.

Tom and Christa sent pictures and a note tonight. I guess they were on a family vacation last week so she had lots of time to play and swim, I thought this picture was pretty cute of her.

I know Hank didn't get to meet her, I think he would have scared the CRAP out of her. Although Tom did ask if they could get together so Hank could put Bernie in his place. Blech. It's a good thing we have an agreement with Hank that he never gets to die.

1 comment:

Beth said...

That's so sad! it's not right that our animals die. Was she a Japanese Chin? She looks like it... I'm asking because I've been looking at dogs and that's one breed I've looked at... and before you say anything, you know I've always preferred big dogs but putting a big dog in my apartment would be down right mean to the dog, me and the apartment. However, you can be sure that whatever animal I end up with, will not be wearing clothing. However, one of the questions I've had about the Japanese Chins is if their maintenance (combing and grooming) is as high as some of the other small dogs (need to brushed extensively, daily, etc). And while probably a highly inappropriate time to ask your friends...if you happen to know, or get any info about the breed from them I'd love to hear!