Aug 3, 2008

Well, I guess we can blame it on his mom...

So, Hank is a great dog. Today, we took him on a fun hike around our neighborhood, and we were ALL pooped when we got back home. Jeremiah left for Phoenix today, and I had a few errands to run. So, after Jeremiah left, I went to go do errands a few minutes later. I was gone for an hour and a half. That's it. And, when I came home, I could hear Hank barking...CRAP...

So, I got out of the car and came across the street. The neighbor lady was out with her mom (or some old lady anyway) and I asked if he'd been barking the whole time I was gone. She's really nice, and said she thinks he has separation anxiety, and just likes to let everyone know he's around. She also said she likes him, so she's really fine with it.

BUT, I'm not fine with it, ARG! I don't always hear him when I come home, and I figure he doesn't really bark while we're at work, just when we leave him at odd hours, like going out to dinner or something.

So, now I"m not sure what to do. More day camp to run off the energy? Probably would help, but most likely it'll be more dog training with Diane to figure out why he barks, and what to do about it. Hank, he's so great when we're here, but man he really IS a mama's boy!

No comments: