Nov 5, 2007

The Garage?

Well, after last night, Jeremiah & I talked a lot about what to do with Hank today. We decided to put the crate in the garage and put him in there. But, as we talked throughout the night, we really don't want him to hurt himself. So, we decided to put the crate in the garage and then just leave the door open and let him hangout in the garage for the day.

We have a new cleaning lady starting today at 10, and she's dog friendly, which is nice. So, I think we'll stick him in there, and see how it goes. Hopefully he doesn't cry too much for her, and hopefully she doesn't consider it animal abuse, but I don't think she will.

My friend David has a weimaraner and ended up building a dog run in their garage out of fence materials. So, Jeremiah's considering doing that. It would mean no more parking in the garage for me, but if it also means Hank not hurting himself, I guess I'm for it!

So far we've spend $160 between a crate and a baby gate for Hank, and he's managed to break both. Jeremiah used tie-downs for the crate last night to make sure that everything but the door is secure.

AND, another feat! Hank went 9 hours without a potty break last night! Hooray! He also ate his whole bowl of food this morning, which is great. He usually leaves a bit in the dish. I can't wait till his Kennel Cough meds are done, and he's vaccinated so we can check out Doggy Day camp!

The garbage man is outside, and Hank is now on full alert, just like that out of a deep morning nap!

I'll let you know how the garage goes, keep your fingers crossed that he STAYS IN IT!!!

No comments: