Nov 15, 2007

Oops I Crapped my Pants!

As you know, Hank is the greatest dog ever to be adopted by the Humane Society. It is clear that God brought us together. Hank is the BEST! And, rumor is, with time, he'll become even more of the best dog.

This morning, Jeremiah got up at 6 and took Hank for a short potty break/walk around the neighborhood about 6:15. When I got up at 7, we played with the squeaky ball and he finished eating his breakfast. Now, granted I needed to get to work this morning, so we took a short potty break before I left. AND, I was relieved that about 3 houses down he decided to relieve himself (but just #1).

So, I left for work, gave him a slice of cheese for being so great, and then left for work at 8 AM. Flash forward to 6:45 when Jeremiah got home. I had an evening event tonight, and Jeremiah had a lot of work to do so he could take Friday off. So, Jeremiah gets home and Hank had not one, but TWO surprises by the front door.

For those of you who have an upcoming visit that includes Hank staying over night, DO NOT BE ALARMED! Again with the Divine intervention...Jeremiah had to clean it up. Hooray! Now, I do most of the daily pooper scooper duties. So, Jeremiah's not QUITE the saint he's trying to portray. But they were nice neat piles that cleanly scooped right up.

So, Jeremiah noticed that it was NOT a warm pile of crap, which means that Hank did this a while ago. So, what we learned today was, Hank needs to poop in the morning AND evening, and when I get him riled up and eating a bunch in the morning, I need to make sure he craps it out before I leave.

Again, for those with upcoming visits (Grandma Paula) no worries, we've learned our lesson, and Hank felt bad about it. He has been so good so far, and if he was going to have a wetting the bed mentality, he would have shown it in those first 4 days with all his separation anxiety.

Hank is VERY excited to meet his Grandma next week AND all his aunts & uncles and extended family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So....does that mean he's going with you?!?!